Dota 2‘s 6.84b patch has been released, bringing a swathe of nerfs to the stuff that’s proven popular and powerful since 6.84 launched.
Unsurprisingly, Glimmer Cape and Silver Edge have both taken a bit of a bash. Silver Edge now costs more, with the recipe bumped from 350 gold to 600 gold, while Glimmer Cape’s magic resistance has been dropped from 66% to 55%. By the same token, both Glimmer Cape and Shadow Amulet have lost 10 attack speed.
Items aside: Rosh has a bigger armour upgrade, and Visage, Undying, Centaur Warrunner, Gyrocopter, Queen of Pain, Ursa, and Beastmaster (all of whom, barring Ursa, have been staples in recent pro matches) have all taken a few knocks to the face from Valve’s nerf bat, with some being smacked harder than others.
You can see the full list of patch notes below. We’ll see if this affects the pro meta when matches resume next week, I suppose!
- Roshan armor upgrade increased from 1 per 8 minutes to 1.4 per 8 minutes
- Familiars hit requirement reduced from 4 to 3
- Enrage damage multiplier reduced from 2/2.5/3 to 1.5/2/2.5
- Glimmer Cape Magic Resistance reduced 66% to 55%
- Glimmer Cape and Shadow Amulet Attack Speed reduced from 30 to 20
- Silver Edge recipe cost increased from 350 to 600
- Flesh Golem minimum damage amplification reduced from 5/10/15% to 1% (same for scepter)
- Flesh Golem minimum slow reduced from 5% to 1%
- Soul Rip manacost increased from 50/75/100/125 to 100/110/120/130
- Zombies no longer require two hits to kill from Towers
- Stampede Scepter damage reduction from 70% to 60%
- Gyrocopter base Intelligence reduced from 23 to 19
- Queen of Pain base movement speed reduced from 300 to 295
- Hawk movement speed from 250/300/350/400 to 250/275/300/325